Join the Society and/or apply for a Practising Certificate
People wishing to join the ACT Law Society can do so either as Solicitor members (members with a Practising Certificate) or Associate members (members not practising in law). Solicitor membership is open to anyone who has been admitted as a solicitor in Australia. Associate membership is open to anybody who would like to join the Society.
Joining the Law Society enables you to access a range of services including:
- Confidential counselling and advice on business, ethical, and professional issues.
- A system of mentors and advisors to offer guidance, advice, and support.
- A confidential counselling program available face to face or online.
- Free hire of meeting rooms.
- Discounted professional development courses.
- Access to a range of social, sporting, and other networking events.
- The opportunity to contribute to the Society and the community by joining a Committee.
- Specialised events and resources for interest groups such as family law, international law, government lawyers, and young lawyers.
For all membership and practising certificate enquiries contact the Society's Executive Secretary on 02 6274 0300.
|Please click here to join the Society for the current financial year. You will then have an expiry date of 30 June 2021.|
|If you don't wish to join the Society, but would like to receive regular emails about upcoming events and professional development courses, please send us an email.|