The Industrial Relations Committee meets to consider industrial relations and employment issues relevant to the profession in the ACT and, through the Society, to advise members of developments in this area where appropriate.
This year, issues that the committee has dealt with include:
- the Human Rights (Workers Rights) Amendment Bill 2019 (ACT)
- the Courts Legislation Amendment Bill 2019 / the role of the Commonwealth Integrity Commission
- proposals for a modern award covering early career lawyers in private practice
- the law concerning volunteers.
The committee has also delivered CPD seminars on employment, independent contracting, and bullying, harassment and sexual harassment.
You can contact the committee directly through the Law Society's Committee Administrator, Tanya Holt, on email@example.com.
- John Wilson (Chair)
- Allison Ballard
- Ashlee Berry
- Kirsty Easdale
- Andrew Klein
- Deborah Mackenzie
- Jasmine Millar
- Belinda Miller
- Jamie Ronald
- Rebekah Smith
- Gabrielle Sullivan
- Staff: Tanya Holt (Committee Administrator)