The Society's Role in the Community
The Law Society exists to:
- Represent, advance, and defend the interests of an independent legal profession in the ACT.
- Protect the public interest in the ACT system of justice through the efficient regulation of the profession in accordance with the Legal Profession Act and the Society's Rules for Solicitors.
- Lobbying for "good law" and to reduce costs and improve conditions for members
- Maintenance of professional standards and guardianship of the profession's public image and reputation
- Business, professional and personal counselling, education and training
- Information and communication
- Social and networking
- Commercial services
- Community services