Friday, 6 August 2021
ACT Law Awards finalists announced
The finalists have been announced, and the final winners of the awards will be revealed at the Annual Dinner & Awards Night on 27 August 2021.
ACT Firm of the Year finalists
The ACT Law Society is very pleased to announce that the three finalists for the 2021 Firm of the Year Award are:
The ACT Firm of the Year recognises the efforts of local firms in contributing to access to justice, to innovative legal technology, to a healthy and diverse working environment, and for enhancing the reputation of the local profession.
Pro Bono Service Award finalists
The ACT Law Society would like to congratulate the following members, who are finalists for the 2021 Pro Bono Service Award:
- Katie Binstock, McInnes Wilson Lawyers
- Marcus Hassall, Blackburn Chambers
- Professor Maree Sainsbury, University of Canberra
The Pro Bono Service Award recognises the largely unacknowledged vital work done by individual practitioners in the ACT who volunteer their time and legal expertise to assist others within the community.
Government Law Award finalists
The ACT Law Society is pleased to introduce the finalists for the 2021 Government Law Award:
- Gregory Burn, Public Trustee & Guardian
- Rorisang Moyo, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Samantha Nichol, Australian Federal Police
The Government Law Award recognises the outstanding achievements of local practitioners working in government.
Young Lawyer of the Year finalists
The ACT Law Society is very proud to introduce the outstanding early career lawyers who are finalists for the 2021 Young Lawyer of the Year Award:
- Caroline Beasley, Clayton Utz
- Declan Norrie, Proximity
- Kieran Pender, Human Rights Law Centre/Bradley Allen Love Lawyers/ANU College of Law